Focal Scriptures: Galatians 5:22 and I Corinthians 13 (NIV)
- Love is the primary focus. We cannot successfully and effectively operate in any other fruit of the spirit if we do not have love.
- Love covers a multitude of sins (I Peter 4:8)
- Love is patient, and as disciples, we have to be patient. We cannot be so quick to throw in the towel when dealing with others.
- ALWAYS exemplify love – ALL of the time.
- When someone loves you, they get in your business. They may even have to correct you – but that correction should be done in love.
- We are known by our fruit (Luke 6:44).
- The test of growth: When we used to respond to a particular situation in a negative manner, but we now respond in love.
- The things we see happening in the world right now are setting the state for the church to exemplify more love than it ever has.
- The Body of Christ is going to have to step up.
- We have to be more inclusive and less exclusive. Jesus was inclusive.
- Even if we disagree with someone’s lifestyle because of our biblical guidelines, we still have to love them just like Jesus did.
- Sin is sin, and God doesn’t like ANY sin. God doesn’t categorize sin, and God doesn’t stop loving because of sin.
- When the love of Christ begins to spill over from our lives into the lives of others, we will see those lives changed.
- The love of God will cause us to come out of ANYTHING that is not like God.
- Disciples are known by the joy we have.
- Nobody wants to be around a gloomy, doomy, hateful, mad and negative person – ESPECIALLY if the person is in the Body of Christ.
- We should exemplify more joy than people who are in the world.
- We know that weeping may endure for a night (Psalm 30:5), but we should ALWAYS expect our joy to come in the morning.
- Even when we have to weep on the inside, we have to know that we are still good.
- We are the only testimony of Jesus that some people will ever see.
- If we really walk in joy, people will want our Jesus!
- We find joy in standing on the promises of God.
- If the world’s current system doesn’t win, we have already won anyhow – so nothing we see happening in the world should be able to take away our joy.
- You have the joy – now let’s exemplify that joy.
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
Long-suffering is patience. The things we desire to see may not happen overnight, but we must not grow weary in well doing. (Galatians 6:9)
- Don’t throw in the towel and give up.
- Walking in victory means that we do not surrender to defeat.
- God waited on us, now we must wait on others.
- God may not come in your timing, but His timing is always perfect.
We had an amazing discussion in Bible Study last nights. God’s people were empowered, burdens were lifted, and Jesus was glorified. Our Pastors appreciate each of you who were able to come out last night and share in what God is doing at Greater! We look forward to seeing you this Sunday for worship, and remember that Pastor Audrey will be back tomorrow with Three Things to Remember from her “My Time for God’s Favor” message. If you need anything, do not hesitate to reach out. If you have prayer requests, you may submit them by clicking here. We love you, and we are so glad that you are a part of our online community!
See you later!