Bible Study Notes: May 8, 2019
Galatians 5:1 (KJV)
“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”
Galatians 5:1 (Good News Translation)
“Freedom is what we have–Christ has set us free! Stand, then, as free people, and do not allow yourselves to become slaves again.”
- Even though we are physically free, we can be bound in our minds.
- Romans 12:2 (KJV)
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Romans 12:2 (GNT)
- “Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God–what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.”
- When God sets us free, it is important that we don’t go back into bondage. When you pay off a debt, don’t go and get another debt.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 (GNT)
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and he will show you the right way.”
Malachi 3:10 (KJV)
“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”
Malachi 3:10 (GNT)
“Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.”
- God is looking for cheerful givers! Giving is a matter of the heart.
- II Corinthians 9:7 (KJV)
- “Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.”
- II Corinthians 9:7 (GNT)
- “You should each give, then, as you have decided, not with regret or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly.”
When you start to realize how much God loves you, everything about your life will change.
- Luke 11:28 (KJV)
- “But he said, ‘Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.’”
- Luke 11:28 (GNT)
- “But Jesus answered, ‘Rather, how happy are those who hear the word of God and obey it!’”
Matthew 6:21 (KJV)
“For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
Matthew 6:21 (GNT)
“For your heart will always be where your riches are.“
- When your treasure is in the Lord, your heart is with the Lord. Because your heart is in the right place, God is able to bless you.
Psalm 37:21 (KJV)
“The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.”
Psalm 37:21 (GNT)
“The wicked borrow and never pay back, but good people are generous with their gifts.”
Proverbs 22:7 (KJV)
“The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.”
Proverbs 22:7 (GNT)
“Poor people are slaves of the rich. Borrow money and you are the lender’s slave.”
Proverbs 11:24-29 (KJV)
“There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself. He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it. He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him. He that trusteth in his riches shall fall; but the righteous shall flourish as a branch. He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.”
Proverbs 11:24-29 (GNT)
“Some people spend their money freely and still grow richer. Others are cautious, and yet grow poorer. Be generous, and you will be prosperous. Help others, and you will be helped. People curse someone who hoards grain, waiting for a higher price, but they praise the one who puts it up for sale. If your goals are good, you will be respected, but if you are looking for trouble, that is what you will get. Those who depend on their wealth will fall like the leaves of autumn, but the righteous will prosper like the leaves of summer. Those who bring trouble on their families will have nothing at the end. Foolish people will always be servants to the wise.”
Proverbs 21:20 (KJV)
“There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.”
Proverbs 21:20 (GNT)
“Wise people live in wealth and luxury, but stupid people spend their money as fast as they get it.”
GIVERS ARE WINNERS!